Thursday, April 14, 2016

Day 1 of the 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs: A Recap

Ben Bishop, Braydon Coburn and Victor Hedman (Scott Audette/NHLI via Getty Images)

Let's get right to it so I don't leave you hanging in suspense...

The winners of Game 1 of Round 1 are...

the St. Louis Blues!!! 

the Tampa Bay Lightning!!!

and...

The Pittsburgh Penguins!!!

Can I change my predictions on at least one of the series? 

No, alright, I'll have to live with that the Blues beat the Blackhawks. I'm no glad I didn't pick Blackhawks in four. 

For the Detroit-Tampa series: HOW MANY PENALTIES CAN YOU GET IN ONE GAME?!?!

For the Pittsburgh-NYR series: Funny how things go in the playoffs. We were worried about the Penguins goaltending, but guess who had the edge in net this game? Yup, Penguins.

For the Chicago-St.Louis series: All I have to say is this. It's not a Blackhawks Game 1 without OT. Just saying. Its been that way for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and now 2016.

Let me know what you think in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment