Friday, May 13, 2016

The Curse of the Capitals


When Jeff Schultz left the Washington Capitals in 2013, the next season, with the Los Angeles kings, he won the Stanley Cup. One season after leaving the Capitals. 

Last year, four major players left the Capitals: Mike Green, Troy Brouwer, Joel Ward, and Eric Fehr. Of those four players, only one does not remain in the Cup hunt, and that is Green, as his Red Wings were ousted in the first round by the Tampa Bay Lightning. 


The Capitals ... it was supposed to be their year. But now, we get to sit back, while the BLUES, who are often compared to the Capitals, are in the Conference Final. And they usually get first round exits. AND IT IS NOT FAIR. Because Troy Brouwer is on the Blues, and he scored the series-winning goal in the first round. WE WERE SUPPOSED TO MAKE HIM REGRET LEAVING US. If I see him hoist the Cup those year, I will... I don't know... UGH.


I cannot reemphasize how much I get annoyed when I think about Fehrsie, my former favourite player. AHEM.. I mean FEHR. He is just... infuriating. He scored the game-winning goal for the Penguins in Game 2 and said it gave him more satisfaction that it was against the Caps. I DO NOT WANT TO SEE HIM IN THE FINAL.


Him!!! Wardo!!! My favourite player... at one point. That was in the past. When he left the Caps and got on the Sharks, he said that he is looking to win the Cup and he thinks he will get that chance with the Sharks. That was back when the Sharks were a non-playoff team. But now, for the first time in my memory, the Sharks are in the Conference Finals. I TOLD YOU IT WAS A CURSE.

Unfortunately, either Ward or Brouwer will have to play in the Cup Final. Very, very unfortunately. WE WANTED TO MAKE THEM REGRET LEAVING US. But, there's still hope. The Tampa Bay Lightning are just emerging. All they have to do is destroy Fehr's Penguins in the Conference Finals, then destroy whoever gets to the Cup Final, and I won't have to go through the pain of seeing the curse come true. LET'S GO LIGHTNING!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment